Eudora is an email program that does more than just send and receive messages, it's a powerful management tool with features to increase your productivity and enhance your communications.
With thousands of filter action combinations, organizing and prioritising your messages is greatly enhanced. The Make Filter command and additional filter options include such choices as Personality, Sound, Open, Print, Forward, Redirect, Reply, Server Options, Label and Speak.
The search window lets you specify multiple search criteria and specific folders and mailboxes to be searched. The Internet Message Access Protocol allows you to access mailboxes and mail folders that are stored on a remote IMAP server, and download your messages only when needed.
From the Personalities window, you can manage all of your email accounts in one place. You can create, edit and delete personalities (email accounts) and check mail for one or more personalities.
Some Key Features:
- OpenSSL: The state-of-the art standard in Email Security and encryption.
- Improved IMAP: Improved functionality to synchronize and access email from multiple computers and Locations.
- Emoticons: 24 new originally designed emoticons (not in Light mode).
- SpamWatch: (PAID mode only) SpamWatch is a powerful tool in Eudora 6 to help you stop Spam (Paid mode users only).
- WebWords: WebWords combines email and web searching.
- Content Concentrator: Content Concentrator is a new tool in Eudora 6 to help makes messages more readable.
- IMAP mailbox sync: Eudora allows users to specify which IMAP mailboxes should be synced on mail checks. A menu item provides a toggle so that users can "Sync on Mail Check" or not.
- Format Painter: (Windows only) Copies fonts and styles from one place to another.
- IMAP: Internet Message Access Protocol allows you to access email stored on a remote server. Using IMAP you can switch from computer to computer and still see the same Eudora interface from multiple locations.
Eudora is the best email program for people who get lots of email. If you're not one of those people now, you will be soon. So, take control of your email before it takes control of you. Eudora is more than a way to send and receive messages - it's a powerful email management tool with features to increase your productivity and enhance your communications.
ScamWatch combats "phishing" schemes that use disguised URL's to gather personal information. Eudora now detects if the URL in the link differs suspiciously from the host name and warns you to exercise caution before making the connection.
Version 8 of is now open source and based on Thunderbird.The Penelope project's intention is to join the EudoraÂ® user experience with the Mozilla platform. We intend to produce a version of Eudora that is open source and based on Mozilla and Thunderbird. It's *not* our intention to compete with Thunderbird; rather, we want to complement it.
We are committed to both preserving the Eudora user experience and to maintaining maximum compatibility, for both developers and users, with Thunderbird. It is our goal to build a single development community around Thunderbird and Eudora, so that both mailers advance faster than they previously have.
- Set the folder pane view mode to "All Folders" if it's not been set before because the default is "Smart Folders" and "All Folders" is more like what Classic Eudora looked like.
- The toolbar in the message header is now hidden as the buttons are redundant to the main toolbar and just take up extra space.
- Only doing FUMLUB for folders, not any other types, and more specifically not messages.